Iridium Shout Nano Handheld Stellite Tracker
The SHOUT nano is a portable, handheld two way outdoor satellite messaging and GPS device for emergency/rescue, text messaging applications and location based services. The service may be marketed in various formats to meet government, business and outdoor enthusiast markets.
It utilizes Iridium’s satellite short burst data messaging service to provide communication of the devices location determined by a GPS receiver, two-way inbound and outbound status and text messaging, support/alert notifications and text based communications in emergency situations. It is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 50µA during sleep.
The SHOUT nano is equipped with an LCD display and an on-screen keyboard allowing transmission of free text and canned messages. The device can periodically “wake up” from sleep and sends its position report to a server or sends an emergency alert via a 911 button. Data are sent in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format. An internal motion sensor allows detection of man-down scenario. The position report is in PECOS Message Structure (PMS) or optimized NAL Research’s protocol. The PMS complies with the Blue Force Tracking Data Format Specification.
The nano offers a variety of services including:
- Normal Tracking — programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report at a set interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days.
- Emergency Alert — sends alerts to a designated monitoring center using a 911 button. The monitoring center and the user can then communicate to define further specifics of the emergency.
- Free-Text Messaging — sends free-text via three different sets of on-screen keyboards.
- Canned Text Messaging — sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth instead of the entire message body.
- Waypoint Tracking - sends and/or saves waypoints (interested landmarks) for later retrieval.
- Check-In — allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key
The Iridium Shout Nano utilises the Iridium satellite network.
Iridium Shout Nano: Handheld Satellite/GPS Tracker, is compatible with onsat-track, AST's tracking solution.
SpecificationsPart #: NAX-IR-SHOUTN-TRK Supports SBD data AES 256-bit encryption 50-Channel GPS receiver Motion Sensor Audio Alert Battery Operated (2.2A-Hr) USB Interface (Used to charge battery) Length: 4.0 inches (10.2 cm) Width: 2.2 inches (5.6 cm) Height: 0.8 inches (2.0 cm) Weight: 6.5 oz. (184g) Operating temperature range: –40°F to +180°F (–40°C to +85°C)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!