Iridium will be changing the system time on its satellites on March 3rd, 2015. Iridium calls this "re-epoching." After that point, Iridium handsets (Extreme9575, 9555, 9505a, 9505, 9500) will display the incorrect system time until users enter in a string of numbers. There will be no impact to handset functionality other than system time display
You can reset the system time on your satellite phone to reflect the correct time by entering a quick string of numbers into your handset.
How to Reset the System Time on the Newer Models
Iridium 9575 Extreme & Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone
1) When the Iridium Time Re-Epoch Occurs (March 3, 2015) you can reset the time on your Iridium 9555 or Iridium 9575.
2) Dial *#99#2014051114235500# on an Iridium 9555 or Iridium 9575 satellite phone
3) Press the green key
4) Then power off/on.
How to Reset the System Time on the Older Models
Iridium 9500, 9505, and 9505A Satellite Phone
For these models you will need to set the updated time and date from their phone menu. The extended phone set-up menu must be set to "On”, then follow these instructions to set time and date:
1) Follow the steps in "Getting to Phone Setup..." to get to "Set Time and Date," and then press OK to select.
2) Press MENU to choose "Set Home Time + Date" or "Set Away Time + Date," and then press OK. You will see "Enter Home Time or Enter Away Time" and the time currently set.
3) Press OK to accept the displayed time. You can enter the time in 24-hour format, and then press OK. You will see "Enter Home Date or Enter Away Time" and the date currently set.
4) Press OK to accept the displayed date. You will see "Completed." or
Enter the date in day (dd)-month (mm)-year (yy) form and then press OK. You will see "Completed."
5) Press and hold C to exit the menu.
If you need further assistance you can contact us at 1-877-299-9931 or email at email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you with all your satellite communications needs.