Hughes 9211-HDR Land Portable BGAN Satellite Internet Terminal
The Hughes 9211- Most Powerful & Compact BGAN for a Mobile Office...
The Hughes 9211 integrates the amazing features and sleek looks we love with the Hughes 9202, and supercharges it for class 1 performance, tying it with the fastest BGAN terminal on the market with standard Internet speed of 492 Kbps, and BGAN HDR streaming speeds of 650 Kbps. Add an optional in-motion antenna and keep turn the 9211 into a moving hotspot on a vehicle, truck or boat.
Hughes 9211 BGAN Satellite Terminal, ideal for media, governments, NGOs,mobile healthcare providers and more, who demand the finest balance of high performance, quality of service and lowest cost.
The Hughes 9211 modem is the world’s smallest and lightest HDR-capable BGAN. Users can connect at streaming broadband speeds of over 650 kbps with features such as built-in, multi-user Wi-Fi access. An external powered antenna is available to support long RF cable that runs for temporary or permanent fixed site installations.
The Hughes 9211 enables users to send and receive IP traffic via Ethernet and/or 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, including voice or fax via a standard telephone connection.
Inmarsat’s BGAN HDR service network now offers new and higher streaming rates. The Hughes 9211-HDR supports the highest streaming rates available (above 650 kbps) for transmitting video and other critical data from the field. Asymmetric streaming rates are supported, enabling users to better tailor the service to their individual preferences and minimize cost.
Hughes 9211 HDR BGAN Features
Built For Extreme Environments
The Hughes 9211 has been ruggedized to operate in frozen, or blazing hot of environments. It has an environmental Ingress rating of IP 55, which means it is dust protected as well as staying operational with water jets spraying on it from any direction.
- One-Button Auto-Connect to the Internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone.
- Delivers high-speed Internet of 492 Kbps. A Class 1 BGAN Terminal
- BGAN HDR Streaming - Capable of streaming at 650 Kbps, excellent for live video broadcasters.
- Lightweight - the 9211 weighs just 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg).
- Portable size - the 9211 dimensions are 9.1"H x 11.5"W x 2" inches (232 mm x 292 mm x 51 mm).
- Outdoor Use - Superior Ingress rating of IP55 - Built for extreme weather.
- Wireless Hotspot allows any wireless device to connect up to 100' away. Stay warm indoors.
- Optional In-Motion antenna. Let the 9211 also connection while traveling in a vehicle/truck.
- Internet service can be usage based, or pre-paid using standard BGAN Service Plans.
- Directly connect any standard corded or cordless phone into the RJ-11 phone jack.
- Supports approved Group 3 fax machines, and ISDN (64 Kbps) capable devices.
- Night friendly LCD backlit display with 4 button controls.
- Intuitive browser interface screens for advanced cotrols.
- Remote Terminal Manager Capable - Control 9211 from any location.
- Li-Ion battery will last 36 hours in idle mode.
BGAN Hughes 9211 Airtime Options
Inmarsat BGAN Prepaid Plans: Purchase a specific number of units that can be used for voice or data, that will be available for 2 years and you can reload the sim card with more units at any time.
Inmarsat BGAN Monthly Plans: Pay a monthly service fee and for the airtime you use. If you don’t use any voice or data, you will only have to pay for the monthly subscription.
Note: Must sign a BGAN Monthly Airtime Agreement and return it to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax to 866.657.5671 to activate your service.
Learn more about Inmarsat BGAN Airtime Plans.
The Hughes 9211 Easy-Use Display
The display and controls on top of the Hughes 9211 make pointing this BGAN terminal easy:
1. Turn power on by pressing the red power button.
2. Press the signal tone button (far right) to get an audible beeping of signal strength.
3. Aim the terminal face toward the sky (beeping sound will increase in speed when a signal is found).
4. Get the highest signal strength reading possible, and then press the "X" register button.
5. If the system is to be used as a wireless access point, press the Wi-Fi enable button.
That is it! Nothing else is required for operation. Any in-range device such as tables, smartphones, and laptops may connect via Wi-Fi, or with an Ethernet cable. The BGAN Launchpad software is not required to establish a full use standard connection. Also, any standard analog phone may connect to the RJ-11 port on the side to make or receive calls from anyone in the world.
Below is a side-by-side comparison of the 9211 (9.1"H x 11.5"W x 2"D) with the 9202 (8.5" x 8.5" x 1.8"). It's slightly taller, and about 3.5" inches wider and 1.1 lbs heavier at 4.2 lbs. The older Hughes 9201 (not shown) is 13.6" x 10.8" x 2.0" in size and weight 6.2 lbs. The Explorer 710's dimensions are 11"H x 13"W x 2.13"D and it weight 7 lbs.
HUGHES 9211 SATELLITE BGAN TERMINAL FOR MILITARY MISSION, NEWS REPORTERS, EMERGENCIES SITUATION OR JUST TO COMMUNICATE IF YOU ARE A WORLD ADVENTURIST
Box Content of the Hughes 9211 BGAN Satellite Terminal
- Hughes 9211 BGAN Terminal
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- AC/DC Recharger with Universal (International) Power Adapters (UK, EU, and US)
- 6' of Ethernet cable.
Hughes 9211 BGAN Terminal Support Documents
SpecificationsDimensions: 9.1"H x 11.5"W x 2"D (232 mm x 292 mm x 51 mm) Weight: 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg) Onboard Battery Life: 36 hours on standby, 4 hours continuous RX, Up to 2 hours at > 650 hours continuous transmitting/streaming Max Vibration: 200-2000 Hz, 0.3m2/s3, MIL-SPEC 810B Humidity: 95% RH at +40° C Operating Temperatures:+23° F to +131° F (-5˚ C to +55˚ C) with battery, or -13°F to +131°F (-25˚ C to +55˚ C) without battery. Battery Charging Temperature: 0˚ C to +40˚ C Rain / Water / Dust: IP55 Compliant Power: 20 Volts DC 110 to 240 AC Power Cables: 2 pin US type, 3 pin Euro, 2 Pin UK Wind: Operational wind loading (with stand secured to ground) 25 MPH (40 km/h) Ice: 20mm before non-operation Part HNS 9211
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!